I. FAILURE TO FIELD A TEAM
A. Unless the VSL Administrator is notified a minimum of five (5) days prior to the scheduled match date and approval is received to reschedule, a team must field a minimum of seven (7) players at the scheduled start time (five (5) players in the case of U-10 matches).
B. When a match is declared a forfeit due to a team’s failure to field seven (7) players, the following actions are required:
1. The Offended team shall notify the VSL Administrator with 24 hours of the scheduled start time.
2. The Offending team shall submit, in writing, to the VSL Administrator, within 48 hours their reasons for failure to field a team.
3. The Administrator shall review the written explanation and may recommend imposition of one or more of the following penalties to the Board of Directors:
a. A fine in an amount equal to the referee fees.
b. Forfeiture of the match and/or
c. A penalty of $50.00 to be paid to the VSL Treasurer prior to the next scheduled match.
4. VSL shall reimburse the Offended team their portion of the referee fees and shall award the $50.00 penalty, if charged, to them.
5. If the Offending team fails to submit a written reason, all of the penalties outlined above shall automatically be levied.
6. Repeated offenses will be subject to review by R & D and may result in additional sanctions by the Board of Directors.